Ethiopia

Monday, September 10, 2012

Oh my! Almost four months have gone by since I posted on our blog. I have decided I'm not a blogger........but I want to see this through so I can share the joy when our child comes home. First, I want to share about our garage sale fundraiser; we were BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE between the sale and donations to put $8,000.00 in our adoption fund! Thank you to so many that helped us! God is so good!

We have been doing the paper chase for the last four months. We are actually starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have two more home study visits scheduled this month and are continuing to get all the paperwork done.

We are having a Dan's Fish Fry Adoption Fundraiser on Saturday, October 27th. It will be held in our church fellowship hall. We'll need lots of help that afternoon/evening setting up, breading, serving, cleaning up and also selling tickets ahead of time. I have to admit, asking for help is not an easy thing for us to do but we continue to remind ourselves that it's not about us. It is about giving a child what every child deserves - a family.

I will try to post again soon and certainly not wait four more months.
Blessings to you,
Diane


No comments:

Post a Comment